Eat right for your sport & health
Here Are Some Benefits of Swimming
- Swimming is good exercise.
- Swimming is a lifetime sport that benefits the body and the whole person.
- Swimming does exercise almost the entire body including your heart, lungs, and muscles, with very little joint strain.
- Swimming does burn calories at a rate of about 3 calories a mile per pound of bodyweight.
- Swimming is a healthy activity that can be continued for a lifetime, and the health benefits swimming offers for a lifetime are worth the effort it
takes to get to the swimming pool.
- Swimming can develop a swimmer's general strength, cardiovascular fitness and endurance.
- Swimming also develops life skills such as sportsmanship, time management, self-discipline, goal setting, and an increased sense of self worth through
the participation in the sport.
Swimming is a great workout because you need to move your whole body against the resistance of the water
- Keeps your heart rate up but takes some of the impact stress off your body
- Builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness
- Helps maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart and lungs
- Tones muscles and builds strength
- Provides an all over body workout, as nearly all of your muscles are used during swimming.
Swimming has many other benefits including
- Being a relaxing and peaceful form of exercise
- Alleviating stress
- Improving coordination, balance and posture
- Improving flexibility
- Providing good low impact therapy for some injuries and conditions
- Providing a pleasant way to cool down on a hot day
- Being available in many places you can swim in swimming pools, beaches, lakes, and rivers
- Make sure that the environment you choose to swim in is safe